India-UAE CEPA : E-filing and Issuance of Preferential COO
Trade Notice No. 05/2022-2023 Dated 29th April, 2022
- In continuation to the earlier Trade Notice(s) 34/2015-2020 dated 19.09.2019, 41/2019-2020 dated 12.12.2020, 53/2019-2020 dated 02.03.2020, 01/2020-2021 dated 07.04.2020, 30/2020-2021 dated 13.10.2020, 43/2015-2020 dated 23.02.2021 and 01/2021-22 dated 01.04.2022, it is informed that the electronic platform for Preferential Certificate of Origin (CoO) is being expanded further to facilitate electronic application of Preferential Certificates of Origin under the India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement.
- The Preferential Certificate of Origin for Exports to UAE under India-UAE CECPA shall be issued from the CoO e-platform with effect from 01st May 2022.
- It is informed that applications under the above-mentioned Trade Agreement may be submitted on the eCoO Website (https://coo.dgft.gov.in). The eCoO generated shall bear the image signature of the officer and stamp of the issuing agency. The eCoO shall also bear a Quick-Response(QR) code for electronic verification and authenticity of eCoO so issued. The authenticity of the eCoO may additionally be verified by keying in the Certificate Number on the ‘Verify Certificate’ link on the eCoO Website.
- On issue, the e-CoO system shall generate an original copy and a duplicate copy besides the electronic copy. Accordingly, paper copies of the eCoO may also be collected by post or in person, from the concerned issuing agency, after necessary ink-signatures/stamping, if required.
- The concerned Indian Exporters may please take note of the following points with regard to the process being notified herewith:
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) would be required for the purpose of electronic submission. The digital signature would be the same as used in other DGFT applications; and should be a Class III DSC;
- Any new applicant exporter would be required to initially register at the portal. The password would be sent on the email and mobile number of the IEC holder. In case the IEC holder desires to update their email on which communication is to be sent, the same may be done by using the ‘IEC Profile Management’ service on the DGFT website https://dgft.gov.in
- Once registration is completed, the IEC branch details would be auto-populated as per the DGFT-IEC database. Applicant is required to ensure that updated IEC details are available in the DGFT system. Necessary steps may be taken to modify the IEC details online, whenever required.
- For further guidance on registration and application submission, the Help manual & FAQs may be accessed on the landing page at https://coo.dgft.gov.in. For any further assistance you may utilize any of the following channels —
- Raise a service request ticket through the DGFT Helpdesk Service on DGFT Website -- > Services -- >DGFT Helpdesk Service
- Send an email to DGFT CoO Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the Toll-Free DGFT Helpdesk Numbers
This issues with the approval of the competent authority